Thursday, February 16, 2012

i am smitten.

..don't worry, even if you are a cynical crab about valentine's day then you can still read this post and not vom.. if you are a cynical crab about life, maybe not.

However, if you are a cynical crab about life who wants to be a happier clam, read on my friend. Also, I'm done with ocean references. I think.

I AM SMITTEN Y'ALL...with my pretty little life and every cutieface in it.

I bet everyone thinks this, I hope everyone thinks this, but I'm sure I have the most supportive (and probably best-looking) lot of people surrounding me all the time. ALL THE TIME. My coworkers, besties, gym-mates, dogs.. every last one of 'em are phenomenal, positive, clever, witty, goal-oriented people (and dogs! my dogs totally have goals, it might be to get the trash bag off the counter and tear it to shreds but, goals exist for them nonetheless) and I gotta say, it makes such a difference.

Puppy goal achieved!
I used to kick around that saying "you are who your friends are," but I don't think I ever took that so seriously until now. I am who my friends (and family and dogs) are and hot tamale (the candy, duh), I LOOK GOOD. So thanks people and puppies, you make me look really put together and important and famous.

This cushy cloud of reinforcement has placed me in a hotspot of possibility and it's pretty much a dance party from here on out.

On the life docket:
  • Dive headfirst into my community and explore all its goodness. (Want to try something new? CALL ME. Short of experimental pharmaceutical tests and tattoo-ing ourselves, I'll go.)
  • Kick off an unstoppable event planning business with my galpal and pretty much soulmate, Shan!
  • Be a cream-of-the-crop coach/trainer/cheerleader/teammate at the gym that has completely changed my view of fitness.
  • Acquire the much coveted position as DOFI (director of first impression) at Big Yoga Houston. Calcs, you can consider this my formal application.
  • RUN a half marathon (It's fine. I've only run 3 miles at one time in my whole life. But it's fine.)
  • Make hundreds o' cuppiecakes for major events! 
  • Take over the world, one pair of stretchy pants at a time.

My heart might just burst from all the love. And if it did burst, I'm positive it would be a mess of confetti, glitter and sprinkles. Wouldn't you agree?

Cynical crustaceans? Are you still there? Anyone?

In other news, Facebook is trying to ruin my internet social life by withholding notifications that people have messaged/posted/responded/poked me. RUDE. You will not win, Zuckerberg.

2 comments:

  1. OMG I'm pretty sure my entire time knowing you I've felt that you should be an event planner...that goal on the life docket makes me suuuuper excited! Also, basically everything else in the entire post also makes me super happy/excited. What a wonderful life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Business meeting TOMORROW soul squeeze! Can't wait.

    ReplyDelete