Wednesday, August 18, 2010

taking responsibility is overrated

Here's the deal.
I freaking love food. LOVE it. But in general, I make terrible choices when I'm eating. I know good-for-you things taste good because I make them all the time for my roommate (maybe he's  my boyfriend too, details) but for some reason I always gravitate toward the bad-for-you things instead. WHY? 

Things I can blame:
-growing up on a diet of lucky charms, white rice and grilled cheese sandwiches
-food stylists and photographers
-my entire collegiate career
-the little seasoning mix on french fries
-girl scouts
-all treat shops ever created ever on the planet
-the trickery that sugar plays on your brain
-myself? nah.

Also, I've been a vegetarian for about 6 years and think I might not be anymore. Weird, right?

Needless to say, I'm utterly confused. Maybe I'll gain some clarity through this little exercise.


No comments:

Post a Comment